Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taking Time

I've been reading more and more blogs about The Lifestyle and last week I was reading a blog about a woman who was looking for more than her marriage. Something she said struck a chord with me about my own marriage. I realized that lately I had been spending a ton of time seeking playmates and keeping relationships properly balanced that I have sort of slipped in the way of paying attention to The Hubs. No, I don't mean sexually - I'm not exaggerating when I say we literally have sex at least once a day. But it says something when your husband touches your freshly shaved legs and says, "ohhh you were hoping ____ was coming over tonight weren't you".

I'm constantly amazed by the differences in relationships that are out there, and some of the things I have read are truly confusing to my little ole naive self. I think it's easy to get lost in the idea of "allowing" your spouse to have sex with people outside of your marriage. To me, it doesn't give him a free pass, rather something for us to share together that brings us closer.

So last weekend was all about us. I have to say, sometimes it's so good to just be The Hubs & The Wife instead of Mom or Dad or any number of other hats we juggle. But it was also wonderful to flirt with only each other all night long. We have so much fun when we are playing but it is also good to step back and reconnect as us sometimes. I've decided that every once in a while we should do a weekend like we did and remember the sexy ass spouse we get to share this amazing adventure with.

The Wife
 

No comments:

Post a Comment