Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Fail

The Hubs and I have celebrated Valentine's Day with a naughty gift for the past several years. What makes it different from the rest of the year is that I do all of it. I pick it out without advice and then let it be a surprise. Since normally we do everything together it's a nice tradition that I always pick something out to surprise him. The only exception is the year he bought me the fuck saw. But, really that's just exceptional all around!

Our city has multiple sex stores and I try and mix it up through the years, but it never fails that I'm a last minute shopper so I'm either going to 18 different places or settling for something similar to what I had in mind. But this year was going to be different. This year I was having a sex toy party in January! Hellooooo, score!!! I was so proud of my self feeling so prepared when the order was placed 1/18.  All we had to do now was wait for the package to arrive... (did y'all just think haha, she said package - oh that was just me? Ok, nevermind then carry on....)

And wait.

We got back from our big trip out west on 2/2, since there was no package waiting on our front door I emailed the consutant that if she hadn't already she could send the package we were home from our trip. She responded "Welcome home!"

No mention of the package. So we wait...

And wait... but I'm still thoroughly convinced that surely the package will arrive before Valentine's Day. I mean give me a break that is 2 weeks from the date I emailed her. I could walk to her house (an hour and a half car drive away) in less time than that.

And wait.

I email her again on 2/10 and say, sorry to bother you but I still haven't gotten anything, asking if she had a way to track it, and asking how she sent it. She responded that she sent it regular mail. No tracking information given...

So here I am February 13th, almost a month past my order date and the eve of the occassion that I need the package for. So much for being prepared.

Valentine's day FAIL!!!!!!!

The Wife

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I just have to respond to this post just because I am appauled at the consultant from your toy party. I am not sure what company you used and I am sorry for the problem you encountered. However, I am an consultant for Passion Parties and we drop ship straight from the warehouse. Turn around time is usually no longer 10 days max!!
    Sorry had to vent on that and if it was someone from our company I am truely sorry! However, you should ALWAYS have a tracking number if you paid for the shipping!
    danaslovetoys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I just have to respond to this post just because I am appauled at the consultant from your toy party. I am not sure what company you used and I am sorry for the problem you encountered. However, I am an consultant for Passion Parties and we drop ship straight from the warehouse. Turn around time is usually no longer 10 days max!!
    Sorry had to vent on that and if it was someone from our company I am truely sorry! However, you should ALWAYS have a tracking number if you paid for the shipping!
    danaslovetoys.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, it wasn't Passion Parties. The consultant definitely dropped the ball on my shipping! But thankfully the good ole USPS came through for me!

      xo

      Delete