Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Busted

Sometimes when you tempt fate nothing happens, and sometimes fate laughs at you. When I started the blog and twitter account I had zero intention of ever showing any part of my face on either account. But as with most rules they got broken. And when you break a rule and nothing happens it gets easier and easier to tempt fate. My profile picture went from a computer image to my face covered by a wig, and eventually a real life picture of me cut down to just my smile. Well, remember when I said this in my Random Confessions post

     I am convinced that at some point someone I know will come across either my twitter account or the blog. Whether or not they know it's me and or tell me they found me is yet to be determined. But someday... It's gonna happen

I can now say, I was right. This has happened.

The Hubs and I were watching tv last night when my phone went off. I reached over and saw a text from Frendly McFrienderton. I said, wow - I haven't gotten a text from Friendly McFrienderton in years I wonder what that's all about.

The text said "What's up, you and [The Hubs] crack me up."

We thought - huh? Ok, well ironically we did meet a new girlfriend of a friend of ours who knows him. But just as I got that thought out The Hubs said - "well actually if it would be anyone, it would be Friendly McFrienderton to find our AFF profile. And he would totally know it was you even though our faces are blurred out"

Surely not, I thought...

And then I got an email. From Twitter. I had a new follower Friendly McFrienderton was now following SwingerWifeinFL.

Uh oh.

I tried to deny, I went with the "WTF are you talking about"... but I was yet again proven wrong! Remember recently in my Smile!  post I said:

Hmm... it makes me wonder. Do we really pay attention to smiles that much that we would know people without any other feature?

His response - "I've known you since 7th grade, I know your smile even if your eyes are cut off"

Well, fuck...officially busted.

First reaction - nausea.

See, here's the thing - I know what you're all thinking - he found me because he too is a swinger. Wrong. He found me because the email address I was using for my Twitter account was an email address he had for me in his phone. It was an old account that I didn't use anymore so I used it for Twitter, but when he used his app it populated my account as "someone he may know" and then of course he saw the smile and recognized me. Here's the bigger problem with that one kids - some of my Aunts and Uncles still have that address. I'm not even gonna go there.

So I've closed the loop hole of the email address, changed my profile picture and made my twitter account private just because I'm kinda freaking out a bit!


Reaction I've settled on - Thankful.

Getting busted could have been bad. Really, really bad. Instead it's a guy I've known since 7th grade. He worked with The Hubs for many years, he was even in our wedding. I trust him. (plus he knows I've known him so long I could surely come up with damaging information) I trust him not to judge us, and most importantly not to talk! And I'm thankful that he pointed out the loophole to me. He could have easily not said anything and just watched from afar, leaving me not knowing about the potential for my people like my parents to stumble onto me.  

But seriously, I get it - I won't tempt fate anymore! Well... at least not for now...

The Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment