Thursday, June 28, 2012

Birthday Drunkeness

Friday night we went out drinking for my birthday. By drinking I mean, The Wife got drunk. Super drunk. I have no idea how many drinks I had but I was drinking rum and it was going down smooth. It was the perfect recipe for a happy hour; a seat at the bar under the air condition, good friends and an attentive bartender. I was sitting the entire time, so I wasn't feeling the immediate impact of the liquor, but it was certainly building...

That much alcohol usually leads to memory loss, and this night was certainly no different. I remember leaving the bar, then I'm at home and the next thing I knew it was morning. I have flashes of memory from the night, including a mysterious goodbye with The Friend's girl. I only remember the surprised look on her face. I have no idea what I said to her. I can only hope it wasn't "Hey, I've been wanting to bang your man for a while now" I am left to hope that since she hasn't clawed my eyes out yet I'm in the clear. For all I rambled incoherently... I hope...

Then there was the texting...

Drunk texting is a perfect technological update to drunk dialing... Because when you're super drunk, and don't remember any of what you said - you have a complete account of everything. Yep. I even took pictures that I don't remember taking. Luckily I passed out before I posed or sent them to anyone! Below is an actual with my BFF . Clearly I had no idea what I was talking about!



But my personal favorite were the gem tweets that I sent out... By the way, you should know I thought to myself before I checked twitter - "Oh, I passed out before even tweeting anything last night, I bet they're going to tease me about passing out before even being able to drunk tweet"... little did I know that this is what I had sent....



 and this...



What can I say? I was having a good night.
Best part of it?

I woke up feeling totally fine the next day. I give my Grandfather credit for passing along fine Irish genes for holding liquor. But really, I always want to high five my body for a job well done too.

The Wife

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading those as they were coming in and laughing, thinking "Jane's having a blast!":-)

    ReplyDelete