Thursday, August 23, 2012

Snippets

I have a little to say about a few things, so here are some snippets from The Wife.


Travel:

The Hubs and I were in Dallas, TX a few weeks ago. We went out for The Hubs business, so he was in meetings most of the time but overall it was fun. It was HOT and we spent a few hours at the pool frying ourselves. Apparently we didn't take our own sun-knowing Floridian advice and sat out in the hottest part of the day with zero sunscreen.

I know, it was brilliance. And the below picture was my reward for the stupidity.



Moving:

There are big possibilities on the horizon for The Hubs and I. It could mean a move to a new state. At first when I was told about it I almost threw up. I don't like change very well, and I've lived in the same city in Florida my entire life. My family is here and The Hubs family is close. I had fully implanted in my brain that we'd live here forever, and now this...oy.

After the initial freak out was over I've been able to come to a peace about the unknown. In the end all that really matters is that I'm with The Hubs and our family. It could mean Alaska and 24/7 darkness and we'll get through it. I know, cheesy right?? But it's the whole-hearted truth. There will be obstacles and adjustments but if it happens we'll figure it out.

Some days it seems like its a for-sure thing. Other days it doesn't seem like it's even in the maybe category, so who knows what/if/when there will be any real plans made. In the meantime I get to enjoy the fun side of a potential move - looking at all the gorgeous houses and day-dreaming of possibilities. And just think of the new swing opportunities in starting over in a new state!

Friends:

Sometimes I think about texting or emailing Friendly McFrienderton to see if he is still reading my twitter/blog. This is mostly driven by my curiosity of if he is still watching. But I would be full of shit if I didn't admit that I am also curious if he sees me differently now.

All of it is curiosity, as I don't really think he judges me (sure hope not, I've known him a long time!) but I think it's also partly due to my exhibitionist side. Let's face it, the whole private twitter account didn't last long because the exhibitionist in me wasn't satisfied by the closed-nature of it. Clearly I like an audience and I also love the two-natured side of my life. I enjoy being a sweet Mommy & Wife on the outside and a dirty-thinking slut on the inside. So, the fact that he knows me first as the goodie-two-shoes but has discovered the "bad" side of me is kind of a turn on.

In the end each time I have this random thought I decide to leave him alone. If he wanted to talk to me he knows where to find me. And what if I text him and he's with his girl? I can't imagine that going too well for him and I'm not really all that keen on being a destructive force in relationships! So, I guess I'll just let my curiosity stew on that one.

Then there is The Friend... We haven't talked much. Summer is a scattered time with family vacations etc, but I've also taken a step back.

Why?

Because The Hubs said something to me that made me think about the situation. It was shortly after the "I'd have already fucked you if I didn't think it'd mess up my friendship with Lorenzo" conversation. We were talking about The Friend is never going to man-up for playtime and how I found that highly annoying. (lol) We all agree that no one would want anything to ruin our friendship and The Hubs then asked me to back-off with the drunk texts. If you think about it (he reminded me) The Friend has not acted on any of the opportunities that he'd been given, and wasn't that really answer enough?

Man, I hate when he is the voice of reason! So I've backed off. Not drunk texting him and I'll behave next time we see him too. Boo - being good is no fun.

Other Swingers:

Naughty-Twitter has given me a glimpse into the private lives of swingers all over the world. And even though I am always standing on my soap box saying how there is no right and wrong sometimes I look at them and think, hmm that's fucked up!

To each his own!

The Wife


3 comments:

  1. Umm, ouch! I hope the sunburn wasn't as bad as it looks in the pic.

    Good luck with the possible move stuff, take it from me a move can be fun and frightening at the same time. And I'm with you, while I'm generally pretty open-minded about open relationship and how people choose to play, sometimes I can't help but think "WTF?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I just moved to Florida...and discovered the lifestyle and your blog...love it! Good luck with everything (your nicknames are great)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To bad about the move, this state is beautiful! I could not imagine leaving it, keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete