Monday, December 17, 2012

First Impressions

 
 
 
We had been trying to work up the balls to go to the swingers club for a while, so naturally we had built up ideas of what it might be like.  It has been fun discussing all of the first impressions The Hubs and I each had as we hit up Eyz for the first time.
 
Time: When we arrived it was fairly early by the club's standards. Little did we know that 9:30pm was "early". The crowd was decent, almost all of the tables in the main bar were occupied, but you could see the bar without a line and there was plenty of place to stand. By 10:30 it had picked up and the tables were all full, and there was barely anywhere to stand by the bar. We also apparently went over to the lodging side too early. It was about 11:15 when we left the bar and we were one of two couples at play. 
 
Space: I was initially surprised at how small the night-club bar area was. Until about two hours later when I realized there were two more rooms and bars attached if I walked around the corner. Then I was surprised at how huge it is! Not many couples in the other bars, made a mental note for when the bar out front had a long line.
 
Age: First of all I was surprised at the age range. There were very few people in their 30s, and even some in their 70's (No joke - this dude was 75 if a day) but the majority fell between 40 and 60. With an emphasis on the late 40-60... Ok, so the second age surprise was the crowd was older than I expected. When I say a few in their 30s I mean like maybe 6 total - including the two of us and The Travelers two. Not an ageist, I'm not saying I wasn't enjoying some of the people despite age. I'm just saying there were so few "younger" people there it was surprising. We wonder if Friday is a different crowd.
 
Buffet: Yep, there was a buffet. WHY???? I don't know, maybe it's just me but I just find that really odd. Eat dinner before hand people - then freshen up and come to the club.
 
Single Men: I knew that they have a whole different set of rules.  And I knew that they have to pay more just to walk in the door. But I didn't know that they have to be invited in to any room or they are stuck in the hallway. And that if the couple or single lady who invited them in leaves they have to leave too. I honestly didn't expect there to be very many. It seems like a big investment for a big potential of no tangible pay-off. The Hubs tells me that for a man, just watching maybe worth the cover charge. Maybe.
 
Friendliness: Don't get me wrong. The term "Meat-Market" explains it pretty well. Everyone looks you up and down, but overall I have been struck by how generally friendly everyone is. Sure some look creepy (there is one in every crowd, right?) and some aren't attractive/ted to you, but overall there wasn't anyone who was rude at all. Everyone is there for the same reason and no one makes you feel like shit for being there too.
 
Noise: More to come on this, but this last weekend on our second trip we played in The Hedo Room, which is a group room. I was amazed at how quiet it was in there while we were at play. I'm self-admittedly vocal during sex, but seriously it was really quiet in there especially for the amount of sex going on.
 
Cleanliness: I was afraid to ask this one, but luckily The Hubs had seen the signs that said each room was cleaned in between use. As in, some poor chick strips down the sheets and cleans up after every single fuck fest?? WOW. I really hope she gets paid well. But, I can't say I wasn't really glad to hear that. Especially after seeing some fountain squirters in my days (not a bad thing) just saying it wouldn't be sexy to play in there afterward without a clean up in between. I saw her this weekend on our way out and I almost hugged her for taking on such a job.
 
Attire: The range of dress code interpretation was from the extreme of almost entirely naked to jeans, loafers, mock turtle neck and knit sweater. Again, no joke. I opted for the little black dress look with slut shoes. The Hubs wore jeans and a button down long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up. There were men in suits. Women in lingerie. Women in sky-high heels and some in flip-flops. There was no right or wrong, again everyone just let everyone be who they were.
 
I'm sure there is more but these are a few for now. Coming up next in this series: Our second visit and play time in the Hedo room...
 
The Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment