Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Monogamy and the Swinger Marriage


Yes, kids it's true. Even in an a swinger relationships there will be bouts of monogamy. Some longer than others, some for good reasons and some for no reason at all. A while back I wondered about at what point I would consider it a change in swinger status. And now I sit realizing it's been almost a year since we've played with anyone.

How did we get to a year already?

It started with a negative experience. Let's just say The Uninterested Man was uninteresting and the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. (pun fully intended) So, with the holidays approaching I cooled it on the websites for a while. Pretty soon it was time to renew our memberships and I decided to just use the free version. Which ended up being annoying so I used it even less. Life events, vacations, missed dates, cold streak of potentials and a vicious cycle of excuses later here we are almost a whole year later.


Are we missing it? Sexually, no. I don't need others to fulfill my orgasmic needs. The Hubs can more than take care of that. But, for the adventurous side of each of us? Sure, I think we miss some parts of it. So, we're heading back into the scene and little more seriously.

It's a bit like being the new kid again, so until we get into the groove we'll be like gangley baby giraffes trying to find our legs (again). At least we're in it together and if I make a huge ass of myself I know he'll still fuck me... it's the little things :)

As long as you love the one you're with, a little monogamy (even in a swinger marriage) can be just as much fun.

The Wife
 

4 comments:

  1. We've gone through *exactly* the same cycle several times ourselves.

    Have fun getting back in the swing of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Love the insights!

    Feel free to pop by our neck of the blogosphere!

    mysexlifewithlola

    Lo & HH

    ReplyDelete
  4. We agree, monogamy is not a requirement for marriage

    ReplyDelete