Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What are the odds

The 2011 census shows my city in FL had a population of 346,000. So it isn't so shocking that The Hubs and I have yet to run into a playmate or even someone we have seen at the club out in real life. That is, until tonight. 

We went out to dinner with our BFFs. It was crowded and we ended up sitting where people were standing while waiting to order. I happened to look up and thought to myself, "hmm that guy looks familiar..." And then it hit me. 

OMG, it was The Secretive Man. 

We always knew there was some lie going on with this guy. He either had a girlfriend or was married. He was shady and weird about questions. He claimed to have "roommates" that he couldn't chat in front of. (As in text... Duh)

Once, I asked him about his tattoo and he fumbled all over himself so poorly trying to figure out a way to not give me any information that even I felt uncomfortable for asking. I remember laughing to The Hubs that I felt like I had asked a CIA operative some national security question the way he reacted. Something was just off about him. 

We played once. And he continues to randomly text me every once in a while looking to play. The last time was within the last month. I usually ignore the texts from him never expecting to see him again. 

And then there he was. Right next to his lovely wife. 

Ha! I almost spit my taco across the table while I laughed out loud. Well, I guess we were right...


The Wife

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure part of you wanted to go up to him in front of his wife and pretend to know him from someplace vanilla! That would've been too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. R u alive ??? long time, no news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! We've been on vacation! You're sweet to miss me! xo

      Delete